Friday, August 20, 2010

Review: Steampunk Junk Supply on Etsy


Amaranth Opulent has been consuming my soul since June, and I can't be happier about it. I've spent days dreaming about flowers, scouring roadsides while driving (don't try this at home!), and mostly trawling Etsy for new supplies and suppliers. For my settings and bases, the entire website is fair game, and I don't really have any particular seller that I currently prefer above others; findings, however, is a completely different story. Ever since my first purchase, I have been a loyal customer of Steampunk Junk Supply for all of my chain, clasps, and jumprings, and I wouldn't have it any other way. While Brenda, the store's mastermind, does not make the findings herself, she is definitely still an amazing business owner and an absolute joy to work with. The products are always of amazing quality and very easy to use - I've yet to be disappointed with a single purchase.Brenda has worked with me via Etsy conversations ever since my first order, and is always quick with recommendations whenever I need them. Every order I receive from her comes packed in a bubble enveloped securely and safely, and I've never received a damaged product. Brenda also includes little free gifts for purchasing - other findings that are related to the ones you purchased, like charms that coordinate in theme or color. This was actually really great for me - my jewelry is pretty simple and straightforward, and I never really thought of other ways I could make it more elaborate until I received some toys to play with. Since the charms she sent already matched my chain, I have the opportunity to experiment with and inspect the new materials, like I was shopping her store in person.Speaking of freebies, a recent order I placed was really a shining example of Brenda's excellent customer service. I had previously only purchased findings in bronze, but was starting to expand my pedant-making to silver as well. Since I couldn't decide on a style in her shop, I messaged Brenda to ask for a recommendation based on the chain I had already purchased. She recommended a style that was not currently in stock, and when I expressed interest, kept me updated on the availability. She ordered the supplies, received them, and listed them within a week and a half or so, and sent me a quick note through every step. She offered to include a sample of the chain with the order I'd just placed and I accepted, expecting maybe six inches or so to arrive. Well, imagine my surprise when I received not only three full feet of chain, but a handful of jumprings and a lobster claw clip as well, so I could work with the chain and get a feel for it, as well as a few charms to work with. Needless to say, it was included in my next purchase.
She's also been supporting and promoting for me since I first opened; she Tweeted a few of my first items, flat-out doubling their views and adding a handful of hearts, and is even commissioning a few Christmas presents from me. She's done more for helping and encouraging me than even some of my close friends have, and this from someone across the country whom I've never even met! I absolutely, 100% recommend Steampunk Junk Supply; Brenda sticks with the customer before, during, and after, and is eager to help in any way she can at any stage of the game. If you have any opportunity to purchase from this store for crafts or art, do so immediately. You won't regret it - at least, I haven't yet.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your secret source! I'm definitely going to be checking them out and probably placing an order!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails