Friday, April 30, 2010

Get That Style: Victoria Suzanne


I'm toying with the idea of a new series. F Yeah Lolita's "Lolitas Who Break the Mold" series has really inspired me to start talking about all of the amazing girls I observe in the fashion. Since Miss Carolyn is already doing the people behind the clothes, I thought I'd take these opportunities to dissect certain inspirational coordinates by the same lolita. Mostly it's an excuse to fangirl over how awesome my style icons are. For my first, I figured I would look at someone who has always been an inspiration for me and whose style I've had a first-hand look at for quite sometime. Also she's first wife and would be pissed if I chose someone before her :P Yes, of course, I'm talking about Victoria Suzanne of Lolita Charm!Name: Victoria Suzanne
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Location: Connecticut, USA
Styles: Sweet lolita influence by gyaru, mori-girl, and fairy-loli
Definitive trends: PINK! First and foremost, Victoria's most recognizable trend is bubblegum pink hair. While she plays with different colors and styles, it's been a standby of hers for a few years now, and it's definitely the first thing you notice about her. She also seems to have made it her personal mission to make her entire life rose-colored. Another trend of hers is BABY, the Stars Shine Bright. While Vix experiments with a wide variety of brand and off-brand items, BABY definitely has a strong loyalty with her and almost all of her coordinates feature at least one item from the label.Stand-by pieces: Merry Sweets Castle skirt in mint by BABY, the Stars Shine Bright, pink bustier by BABY, the Stars Shine Bright, and Starry Night Theater in pink by Angelic Pretty are three pieces Victoria goes back to time and again. Other themes to her style are understated shoes, kitschy accessories like huge pink glasses and suspenders, and handmade floral corsages. Items popular in mainstream fashion also make appearances, such as peasant blouses and heeled booties.
To achieve: dye your hair! No, not necessarily, but as Victoria Suzanne is known for her rosy locks, so if you're looking to take some style tips from her, I recommend buying some good-quality clip-in extensions (I know Vix herself had some glittery pink ones for a while) or a wig. If unnatural colors aren't your thing, go down to Claire's or Icing and buy yourself a few understated bow headbands or floral corsages and wear them with a cutesy updo or cascading curls. Go for pastels with pops of primary brightness in prints, and the more candies on an item the better! For accessories, class it up with multi-string pearl bracelets, charm bracelets, or necklaces with delicate chains and dainty pendants. Make-up should be natural with a hint of glamour - pink lipgloss and fake lashes are a must!

In summary: Unnatural hair in a color that speaks to you is a plus, but even without (remember when she was blonde?!), Victoria's style is whimsical and spunky with just a touch of elegant, understated glamour.

3 comments:

  1. So I totally bought the Baby skirt in the last picture from Victoria!! I kinda feel special now seeing it in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow Victoria's blog too and really I got to admire her pretty much. She seems an amazing and lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your Blog, cute outfit *____*
    visit my blo too..kiss~~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails