Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Review: Escapist Fashion Screenprinted Tee

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming.
And the lamplight o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted---nevermore!

If you don't already know that I'm a huge literature nerd, this must be your first time here. So a few months ago, when I first saw Escapist Fashion's Nevermore Raven Cameo tee, I knew I had to have one. The design is just so classy, so elegant, and so pretty that it perfectly suits the evocative poem by Edgar Allen Poe that serves as its inspiration. I messaged Megan and she was sweet enough to send me one to review for all of you!


The package was shipped a few days after our conversation, and I received it in perfect condition a few days after that. The shirt was packed in a plastic shopping bag, and then in a bubble mailer which was then duct taped closed.


The shirt itself immediately became one of my favorites. It's so soft and comfortable and fits me perfectly. There's an Escapist Fashion tag sewn over the manufacturer's tag on the back of the shirt, but it's soft and doesn't feel prickly or itchy at all, as tags sometimes can. Megan also included an adorable playing hard hairbow as a surprise! So sweet~

As you can see, the print is a little smudged, and it makes the words a little hard to read. However, I don't think it takes away from the general appearance of the shirt or makes it any less striking. In fact, I think the fact that it takes a little more effort to read it adds to the shirt- at first you'd just think it's a cameo of a bird, but then, if you take the time to read the "Nevermore" you realize it's actually a reference to Poe's "The Raven." I also really like the stippled effect of the ink. I've had screenprinted shirts that had ink so thick it cracked on the first wear, so it seems like this one's more durable. Speaking of durability, I've also machine-washed and dried this once or twice already and had no problems with it, which is great with lolita clothing!

Another angle of the screenprint:

Coordinated:

Rundown:
Shirt: Escapist fashion
Skirt and boots: Bodyline
Underskirt: Metamorphose
Brooch: Alice and the Pirates
Socks: Offbrand
Hair accessories: Various- BABY, H&M, and offbrand from Japan


Conclusion:
I'd give this shirt a 4 out of 5. The screenprinting it a little blurry in some places, but for the most part, it's an excellent addition to my wardrobe. It's great for a casual gothic look or with a mini skirt or jeans to wear to class. I definitely recommend Escapist Fashion- Megan was wonderful to work with and the quality of her work is really quite lovely. I definitely recommend Escapist Fashion, and would definitely buy from her again! ♥


Escapist Fashion blog
Escapist Fashion on Facebook
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails