Friday, September 20, 2013

Lolita Blog Carnival: Lolita Coordinates for Under $100!

I'm so excited to be revisiting what was one of my favorite LBC topics - design a full coordinate for $100 or under! My last post on this topic still ranks aws one of my most-trafficked, and I think that's because I'm a crazy person and designed three whole outfits for under $100 each. There were just too many great options! It was a lofty goal, but one which I'm happy to say I've achieved, and I'm very happy with my results.

However, before we begin, what on Earth is a Lolita Blog Carnival? Well, it's a group of Lolibloggers like myself who all blog together about the same topic on the same day. The topics are voted on at the Facebook group and a deadline is set, and everyone works on their articles until the posting deadline. At the end, we all link to each others' entries at the bottom of our own, so all of our lovely readers can see what other participating Lolibloggers had to say.

In keeping with the last time this challenge came around, I've coordinated three different outfits all based on the same skirt. However, since my computer's on the fritz and I don't currently have photoshop, I had to rely on Polyvore to compile the images, and for some reason I was getting error messages whenever I tried to clip from Etsy. So, while last time it was my policy to compile these outfits with items from independent artisans, unfortunately it wasn't as doable this time. Instead, I decided to source everything from easily-accessible stores like Forever 21 and Payless, as well as big online retailers like Sock Dreams and Modcloth. For my main piece, however, I still went with a skirt by independent Polish designer Lady Sloth (from whom I'm eagerly awaiting my first package!), so I don't feel TOO bad about buying the rest from the Internet mall!


lolita outfit for under $100 that uses Forever 21 blouse and Lady Sloth skirt
Blouse ♥ Socks ♥ Skirt ♥ ShoesBracelet
This outfit, made up of a frilly F21 blouse and thick white thigh-highs, is what I'd consider a very successful beginner's outfit. The lolita aspects of the blouse and skirt work off of the simple socks and cute bow-adorned flats, while the bracelet adds a little more opulence to tie it into the lolita aesthetic. She has, however, neglected to budget in any headware - tsk tsk!
Blouse ♥ Hair bows ♥ Shoes ♥ Skirt  ♥ Necklace ♥ Bracelet ♥ Socks
In this outfit, our lolita is getting a bit more seasoned. She's sticking to one color scheme for her accessories, black and gold, and experimenting more while still following the rules - like her lacy ankle socks paired with peep-toe heels (which she got on sale, because she is quite a frugal lady). She's also discovered Forever 21's accessory table, which is indispensable for budget-friendly lolita coords.
Top ♥ Earrings ♥ Skirt ♥ Hair bows ♥ Shoes ♥ Socks ♥ Tote
In this final outfit, our lolita has decided to experiment a bit within the rules. She's gone with a bit of a sexier top than most lolis favor (tight-fitting with an exposed back) that still has a bit of a lolita aesthetic with lacy ruched sleeves and a big ol' bow in the back. She's also experimenting with color scheme- whereas before she stuck almost entirely to white or black, now she's mixing and matching the two. She seems to also have invested a bit more coin into a nice pair of shoes that can go with anything, instead of the cheaper, more casual styles she's been favoring previously. The ankle socks are a bit daring for lolita as well; they've only really come into fashion in our subculture in the past few years, and were previously considered too "ageplay" to work in lolita. In total, this outfit is a more advanced coordinate which toes the lines of the lolita rules and is not necessarily appropriate for a formal setting, but is certainly cute for casual meetups or going out around town.

Blogging beauties beating budgets below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails